Between 2020 and 2064, nearly $30 billion dollars will transfer from one generation to the next in the 26 counties of NW Kansas. The opportunity to capture a portion of that wealth is a remarkable one, and the time is now.
Most intergenerational wealth transfer will go to heirs, many or most of whom will take their inheritance with them to a home outside of NW Kansas. If, as a generation, 95% of Baby Boomer estates in NW Kansas went to children or family, heirs would be well cared for. If the remaining 5% went to our local communities, the future for NW Kansas would be forever changed.
NW Kansas Gives represents an effort to educate NW Kansas residents and encourage thoughtful, planned charitable gifts as a part of overall estate planning.
Our partners in this effort are the local county-wide community foundations in the 26 counties in the Dane G. Hansen Foundation service area. To assist these foundations and their donors in the effort to help secure the future of NW Kansas communities, additional resources are available.
STEWARDSHIP COUNSELING WITH JOHN GRIFFIN, JD
Donors who wish to make a charitable gift in their estate can meet with estate planning attorney John Griffin to help design a plan that includes a charitable gift.
- Through a series of appointments, John assists NW Kansas residents by developing an outline for a new or revised estate plan that includes a charitable gift. There is no charge to the participant for this service.
- Once an outline is created, participants work with their existing attorney (or an attorney can be recommended) to complete the documents. Participants pay for document completion.
- John meets with participants to review final documents before signing. He is available to meet with participant’s attorneys if needed.
- Participants who have included a charitable gift complete paperwork with the local community foundation.
- Stewardship Counseling scheduling is only available through the host foundations. Interested donors should begin by contacting their local community foundation.
Information on utilizing Stewardship Counseling, contact Gennifer Gloden House at firstname.lastname@example.org.