ENHANCING LIFE IN NORTHWEST KANSAS
The Dane G. Hansen Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for the people of Northwest Kansas to enjoy the highest possible quality of life.
Fulfillment of our mission is predicated on three specific goals:
- Reverse the population decline
- Increase the economic opportunities
- strengthen critical community services
We will advance our mission by investing in the areas of:
Education: The Foundation recognizes that education promotes self-reliance on personal life skills and the creation of a capable workforce.
Health Care: Access to quality health care services and the promotion of healthy life practices are key components for residents of any community.
Economic Development: Development of a robust and sustainable economy includes a diversity of businesses and quality job opportunities.
Community Social Services & Security: Residents need access to social services for individuals with special needs or those who are in crisis. Communities need support systems to provide community disaster relief and respond to emergencies.
Conservation & Environment: Preservation and an appreciation of our natural environment, including maintaining high air and water quality, are critical with regard to both economic and social future of northwest Kansas.
Arts & Culture: Providing cultural and artistic opportunities enhances the quality of life for local residents and encourages tourism and the exchange of ideas.
Community Beautification: Supporting local efforts to improve and maintain public spaces promotes community pride and encourages socialization among residents.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Healthy individuals form healthy communities.
- A capable workforce can build effective community economic opportunities.
- Education, both formal and informal, is the key for improved quality of life.
- Appreciation for our natural world positively impacts human health.
- Leadership, management and volunteerism are essential ingredients of dynamic communities.
- Communities that are attractive in appearance and offer cultural opportunities are more likely to attract and retain residents.
In 2015, the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Dane G. Hansen Foundation, a new logo was unveiled.
The logo was created by then Kansas State University senior design student, Katie Azeltine, through a logo design contest sponsored by the Foundation.
The logo features the Foundation’s name over a whimsical horizon. In describing her design, Ms. Azeltine said the horizon represents new things, such the opportunities offered to students and communities helped by the Foundation.