PHILLIPSBURG – A chapel being constructed on the grounds of the Fort Bissell Museum incorporates design elements from area churches. Once completed, it will house historical photos, documents and artifacts and provide a venue for community events.
With the completion of the second phase of construction, the whole structure is built and weather wrapped. Siding and windows are to come, as well as interior finishes.
Fort Bissell was built in 1872 by settlers. It was torn down in 1878, but a museum has since been created, sponsored by the Phillips County Historical Society. Families have donated artifacts to the museum for many years.