The Dane G. Hansen Foundation has determined the criteria for grants distributed through the community foundations. The criteria are the same for all of the community foundation grants, but differ some from the criteria for the regular Hansen grants. Applications for the community foundation grants should address:
- Education: Enhances the learning environment and expands opportunities for students in Northwest Kansas. Provides increased self-reliance on personal life skills and workforce capability.
- Health Care: Ensure access to quality health care services and promotes healthy life practices.
- Community Social Services & Security: Enhance access to social services needed for individuals of special needs and supports systems to provide community disaster relief and general community emergencies.
- Conservation & Environment: Support efforts to improve and maintain high air and water quality, appreciation for our natural environment and enhance economic and social benefits of outdoor resources.
- Arts & Culture: Provide cultural and artistic opportunities to enhance the quality of life for local residents and to encourage tourism and the exchange of ideas.
- Community Beautification: Support efforts to improve and maintain public spaces to enhance community pride and encourage socialization among residents
Preference will be given to applications that originated through the Strategic Doing process, and those that include community involvement and volunteerism.
Grants shall not be used to reduce or replace regular budgetary needs for programs or projects that are tax-supported.
Grants are not intended for endowment or general operating expenses.
Check individual requirements of the community foundations to determine if grant applicants are required be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, educational, governmental or religious Institution. All grants must be for charitable purposes/broad community benefit.