CUBA – A new concrete entrance ramp has made a Country School Museum housed in a former one-room schoolhouse on the Main Street of Cuba accessible to all.
The building was originally the Silverthorne School, built in the 1920, and it was moved to Cuba from a location two miles west of the town after it closed in 1958. It was moved again to its present location in 2009.
The interior was remodeled with all volunteer hours. Memorabilia from the former Hillcrest School, including trophies, pictures and much more is also housed at the museum.
Pictured is a child participating in a pageant at the schoolhouse.